Four-year Program Awards: $2,500; $1,500
2-Year Program Awards at $1,000 and $750 (full time), $750 and $500 (part time)
Applicant must be:
1. A resident of Illinois and enrolled full-time in an accredited two- or four-year college horticultural program, with course work toward a degree in a horticultural program
2. A resident of Illinois and enrolled part-time in an accredited two- or four-year college horticultural program, who must be working towards a degree in a horticulture. The counselor or department head must stipulate you are working towards a degree in horticulture in his or her letter.
3. Attending a school located in Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Missouri or Iowa. [A previous recipient may reapply – there is a limit of two scholarships.]
Application Must Include:
- Completed ILCA Scholarship Application Form.
- A letter describing your goals and aspirations in the field of horticulture.
- A counselor or department head’s written evaluation of your classroom performance. For part time student applicants, the evaluation must stipulate the applicant is working towards a degree in horticulture.
- A transcript of grades and cumulative grade point average to date. Please indicate the grade point system used, i.e., 4 or 5 point system. In order to complete the application, transcripts from the previous Fall semester need to be sent by April 1st.
- Goals and work experience weigh heavily. Please attach evaluations/letters from employers, internship, work study, or any horticulture/landscape experience.
Application Dates to Remember
|Applications Due at ILCA
||March 7, 2014
||By April 22, 2014 (or before)
|Scholarship Payment Disbursement Deadline
||November 1, 2014
|Scholarship Recipient Recognition
||Awards Banquet - February 2015
Applications are due in the ILCA office no later than March 7, 2014. Mail to the scholarship committee, ILCA, 2625 Butterfield Rd., Suite 204W, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
Award recipients will be notified by (or before) April 22, 2014.
To receive payment, proof of enrollment for the following term must be submitted.
Checks will be sent to the applicant upon receipt of proof of enrollment. The disbursement deadline is November 1st. A Scholarship Certificate will be awarded at ILCA's Awards Program the following March.
Please call ILCA, (630) 472-2851, with any questions.
Download the complete application below. Applicants will be asked to describe their present interests and experience in horticulture. Applicants should indicate all areas of interest, including:
- Plants and Their Use
- Nursery Management
- Equipment Operation and Care
- Irrigation Management
- Landscape Design/Build
- Golf Course Management
- Landscape Maintenance
- Plant Biology
- Garden Center Management
- Soil Science
- Computer Assisted Landscape Design
- Interior Plantscaping
- Tree Care/Arborculture